martes, 24 de agosto de 2010

Wuthering Heights

Hello!
These days, I'm reading Madame Bovary but I have not finished yet, I prefer to talk about Wuthering Heights, a book that I was read in the last summer. This is the only novel by Emily Brontë and was first published in 1847 by a male pseudonym to avoid the prejudices about women writers.

As I like love stories, a friend who lent me Pride and Prejudice told me I should read Wuthering Heights, but unlike the first, this is a book with a very stormy love story where the author expresses a great rawness and realism in every passage in the book that really make you feel like the character.
The story deals mainly with his friend Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff, and a love that could never be fully expressed due to social differences, which really was not much problem, but mainly in my view to the fickle and conceited character of Catherine, which catapulted a number of negative situations to their relationship that could easily have not happened. On the other hand, Heathcliff with a proud nature and somewhat resentful, decided to act impulse and spiteful, altering not only the direction of his life if not also of the rest.
In my opinion, this is a great book that deserves to be read not only by those who like love stories, if not that everyone who is attracted to human nature, its character and problems that sometimes leads.

I hope you liked this post about this great book and read it! really won't be disappointed :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario